Crown is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. A company that got its start in Yokohama, Japan in 1965, with one moving truck and a determined and inspired Jim Thompson, our founder and Chairman, Crown has seen enormous growth and change. Now, with more than 266 facilities in almost 60 countries, and approximately 5,000 employees worldwide, we are proud of our lasting heritage and a strong, forward-thinking vision to guide us into the next 50 years.
Change isn’t just something that has happened at Crown. Over the past 50 years, so many global, social, economic, corporate and industry shifts have occurred, such as:
- Innovations in technology, communication and the development of social media
- Strengthened values around corporate social Responsibility
- The role of women in the workforce
- The emerging millennial demographic majority
- The evolution of EU, BRIC and MINT countries
- An increasing desire for transparency in business
Some of these changes have been predictable and others more surprising. Some have been slow and others seem to have happened overnight.
This special edition of Crown World Mobility’s Perspectives series takes a fun look at a few of the ways that the mobility industry has evolved and where we think the industry may be heading.