Immigration news for the Czech Republic and more
The government of the Czech Republic announced that the funds required for permanent residence permit applications have increased. Applicants must now show stable income to cover subsistence and housing not only for the main applicant but also for any accompanying dependents.
This summary was prepared using information obtained from the Ministry of Interior.
The European Commission issued guidelines on general visa issuance for Russian citizens. These guidelines reiterated that Schengen visa applications should be filed in the applicant’s country of citizenship or residence (except in humanitarian situations). Consular officials are required to consult central national authorities for all applications filed by Russian citizens. If it’s not clear whether the applicant could fulfill visa requirements for the entire planned duration of stay, authorities could reduce the granted visa validity.
No source available at the time of writing.
The Migration Agency has released clarification regarding the latest changes in the Aliens Act that will affect the process for applications for work permits in Sweden from June 1, 2022.
- An employment contract signed by both the applicant and employer must be submitted with the application.
- For applicants who are posted to Sweden (on assignment), they must attach an employment contract stating all the terms and agreements.
- Currently, it can only be applied for work- and resident permit for a maximum period of four years, in a seven years’ period, after it can be applied for a Permanent Residency (PUT). This restriction has now been removed. There is no limit how many times a new time-limited work permit can be issued for an applicant.
- If an applicant wishes to settle in Sweden and meets the requirements for a permanent residence permit, they can apply for it. The difference with the new legislation is that the applicant himself must explicitly state that he wishes to apply for Permanent residence permit.
- Application for a residence permit for accompanying family members are subject to a maintenance requirement already at the initial application. Meaning that the employee must be able to support themselves and their family members who want to come to Sweden. The Migration agency has figures to calculate what they consider being a reasonable amount.
This summary was prepared using information obtained from the Swedish Migration Agency (available in Swedish language).
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Laxmi Vikraman, Regional Immigration Manager (EMEA).
We track policy changes in over 120 countries. Find out how we can help you in this short video.