Latest coronavirus news
Peru: The government gradually resumes certain economic activities. More info at: Peru News Agency
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Roberta Carnaccini, Global Operations Director, Immigration.
- Changes to travel restrictions:
- Austrians and holders of Austrian visas, residence permits, or another residence document are permitted to enter by air until May 23, 2020.
- Entry from Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein and Slovenia is also permitted until May 23, 2020.
- Seasonal workers (in the agriculture and forestry sector) and nursing/health care professionals can enter by bus or train, provided they did not stop in any other country prior to Austria.
- Rail traffic from Italy, Liechtenstein and Switzerland to Austria is not permitted until May 23 earliest. Transit through Austria without stopping is permitted.
- All hotels and/or lodging establishments remain closed until June 1 earliest.
- Changes to German language requirements:
- The Austrian Integration Agreement requires third country-nationals who are legally settled in Austria to complete “Module 1” of the Integration Agreement within two years of their stay.
- Third-country nationals who do not have a university entrance qualification (A-Levels) or a University degree need to prove A2 German language skills. The deadline for those who were to complete this German language level between March 22 and June 30, 2020, has been extended until October 31, 2020.
- Short-time work (“Kurzarbeit”) for holders of a Red-White-Red Card and Blue Card EU:
- Third-country nationals and holders of a Red-White-Red Card, a Blue Card EU or a work permit (for locally hired personnel) can now be included in the short-time work model.
- Companies punished repeatedly for illegal employment (more than three employees) may be banned from taking part in the short-time work model.
- Companies may also be obliged to return funds acquired due to the short-time work model if they are punished for illegal employment (more than three employees) within the last six months.
Contact Laxmi Vikraman, Regional Immigration Manager, for more info.
Greece: Eased restrictions during the nationwide lockdown. Contact Laxmi Vikraman, Regional Immigration Manager, for more info.
- The borders between Switzerland, Germany and Austria are to re-open for unmarried couples in long-term cross-border relationships, and for those wishing to visit relatives or attend important family events.
- Restrictions to be lifted for people who own a property for personal use, tend allotments, or maintain agricultural, hunting land or woodland.
- People caring for animals may also cross the border.
More info at: The Federal Council
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Laxmi Vikraman, Regional Immigration Manager (EMEA).
We track policy changes in over 120 countries. Find out how we can help you in this short video.