Technology companies can now benefit from a more efficient visa program
The new technology visa (Tech Visa) available in Chile is processed within 15 days and valid for up to two years.
Eligible technology workers must meet the following criteria:
- Foreign nationals in Chile under the Start-Up Chile, InvestChile or ChileTech programs.
- Owners, partners or investors of new technology companies in Chile under the InvestChile program.
- Foreign nationals applying in the professional or technician areas of science and technology.
Companies must be established under one of the above programs or involved in a technology-related field.
The new Tech Visa has been launched as a Pilot Program but is available to all eligible applicants. It should be noted that this visa is processed and issued by InvestChile and not through the Department of Foreigners in Chile.
This summary was prepared using information obtained from InvestChile.
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Roberta Carnaccini, Global Immigration Operations Director.
Changes to immigration fees
The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) has adjusted the fees for certain immigration applications such as residence permits, effective May 03, 2018.
The key adjusted application fees are as follows:
- For highly skilled migrant new tariff: EUR 582 from EUR 938.
- For EU Blue Card new tariff: EUR 661 from EUR 909.
- For Intra Corporate Transferee new tariff: EUR 582 from EUR 938.
- Form work on a self-employed basis new tariff: EUR 1,325 from EUR 1,336.
- For recognition as a sponsor new tariff: EUR 3,861 from EUR 5,345.
- For extension new tariff: EUR 355 from EUR 401.
The extension rate is the standard fee rate. Exceptions include extension of the residence under the categories of “stay as family member” and “study.”
This summary was prepared using information obtained from the IND.
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Michele Giordani, Regional Immigration Manager, EMEA.